Many of the readers of CoachingSportsToday classify themselves as struggling — trying to navigate through some of the challenges we face as coaches.
So I thought if might be helpful to have a page set up that pools some of my most popular coaching tips.
These are just a selection of some of the tips and tricks for coaches. I’m always writing new tips, so subscribe to CoachingSportsToday so you don’t miss any. Just click here, and you’re on your way to great coaching!
Basic Coaching Tips
- The Secret Powerful Talk of Positive Coaching
- 4 Steps To Coaching Success
- Coaching Sports When Things Go Wrong: 8 Tips To Use
- 19 Coaching Tips from 600 Years of Wisdom
- The Ultimate Guide To Making Athlete Cuts
- 4 Ways You Are Screwing Up Your Coaching
- How Do I Deal With A Screaming Disruptive Parent?
- Coach Like A Martian
- Today’s Social Media, Coaching Sports, And 12 Simple Actions You Need To Take Now
- Why Sport Coaches Must Protect Themselves
Coaching from a 10,000 Foot Perspective
- How To Turn Your Coaching Into An Amazing Experience In 7 Foundational Steps
- 21 Smart Ways To Invest In Your Coaching Development
- Caring Coaches Are Not The Exception
- Sweet Tea And Positive Coaching
- The Day Coaching Made Me Cry
The Care And Feeding of Your Coaching Spirit
- Warning: Era of Abused Coach Needs To End
- The Fun Of Coaching Sports, Why Some Coaches Never Find It, And How To Stop Complaining About It
- The Day You Want To Quit Coaching, And Why You Shouldn’t (Or Why You Should)
- How To Make The Living You Desire From Coaching Sports
- Down the Dark Road Of Demeaning Coaching
- The Insane Loneliness Of Coaching Sports
- 8 Hells Of Coaching
- Darth Vader Wouldn’t Make It As A Coach
From time-to-time I’ll update this page— and if there’s something you’d like me to tackle, just click here to let me know.
I am often asked for recommendations on different tools, training, resources I use in my coaching. People particularly want to know what media I consume.
I’ve put together the following recommended coaching resources & tools that I’ve used or which have come highly recommended to me by people I trust.
I will keep expanding these lists as I come across new coaching resources that I feel worthy of recommending to you.
The Best of My Advice
— — —
General Coaching Resources
- Athletic Management Media
- Coach and Athletic Director
- Book suggestions: Books I have found to be invaluable
- Tudor Collegiate Strategies: All things recruiting (tell them Mike sent ya!)
- FrontRush: Online programs that help me with recruiting, retention, communication, and compliance
— — —
- MaxRigging (ahem … My rigging site)
- Decent Rowing
- Row Happy (my next rowing book, read it free online)
— — —
- Fitbit: I’ve been wearing this one for 2 months. Love it!
- Timbuktu Messenger Bag: How I’m slocking my stuff around
- Lifeproof phone case: As close to coach-proof and Mike-proof as I could find! (Saved my bacon many-a-time.)
*Disclosure: Some links on this page are affiliate links meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase of something that helps you with your coaching. Win-win. Thanks for your support in this way!