Every so often I like to report back here on which coaching books are the most popular ones at Amazon.
Today I’m going to share with you the bestseller books, as rated by Amazon.
As usual you’ll see legendary coaching names, such as Urban Meyer and Alex Ferguson, and books from/about golf, basketball, and football coaches. But if you look closely, you see a few books about other sports.
The key here, is that we can all learn from other coaches, especially from coaches of other sports.
1. Soccer IQ: Things Smart Players Do, by Dan Blank
2. Above the Line: Lessons in Leadership, by Urban Meyer
3. Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf, by Ben Hogan
4. Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, by Mark Rippetoe
5. Leading: Learning from Life and My Years at Manchester United, by Alex Ferguson
6. The Matheny Manifesto: A Young Manager’s Old-School Views on Success in Sports and Life, by Mike Matheny
7. Strength Training Anatomy, by Frederic Delavier
8. The Hoops Whisperer: On the Court and Inside the Heads of Basketball’s Best Players, by Idan Ravin
9. Soccer IQ – Vol 2, More of What Smart Players Do
10. Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable, by Tim S. Grover
11. (Bonus) Harvey Penick’s Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings From A Lifetime in Golf
*Note: this list was compiled from the bestseller list at Amazon.com where I am an affiliate. One of the ways CoachingSportsToday is able to cover its costs and be a sustainable business is that I earn a small commission when readers make a purchase from Amazon after clicking on our links (including those above). While no personal details are passed on we do get an overall report from Amazon about what was bought. (If you’d rather not buy a book now, see if your local library has a copy for you to borrow.)